Enter your search

Sunday 19 October 2014

There’s no perfect man — Cleo Ice Queen

There’s no perfect man — Cleo Ice Queen


Cleo Ice Queen
Background
My name is Clementine Mulenga but I am also called Cleo Ice Queen. I am from Lusaka Zambia and I’m a rap artiste, a model and television personality. I was the second runner-up at the Big Brother Africa 2013 edition. I was also a nominee for the Female Emcee in Africa at the 2012 South African Hip Hop Awards (Best female category) and a nominee at the 2013 Zambian Music Awards.
Family
Growing up for me was quite a breeze. Nothing out of the ordinary happened to me, although I lost my father in 2003 which was quite a low point in my life. I have a very close-knit family and they have always supported my dreams and ambitions. My mother was reluctant initially but I won a major nationwide talent competition when I was 15 years old and that changed her mind.
Life after Big Brother Africa
I have been working on my music; collaborating with artistes across the continent; touring Africa and performing at various shows. I have also engaged myself in various charitable events and programmes in Zambia, which I am very passionate about. Everyday is a step at a time and it’s been a very blessed experience for me.
Music
The love of music and of creating music pushed me into the industry. I was a college student based in Johannesburg, South Africa, but I continued to pursue my musical interests. I have been rapping since I was 11 years and professionally since I was 21, which was 2010. It has always been a part of me. It took hard work and determination to propel myself into a space where my music began to get recognition. My mix-tape was released in 2012, but it was a bit of a challenge. Then, I was only beginning to get my name out there as an emcee, but overall, it has been great and I am thankful to my supporters for accepting me and appreciating my craft. The new album comes up in March 2015.
Female rap artiste
I was fascinated by the brutal honesty that comes with rap. Then, the quick talk, rhyming; skill; wordplay; message, the pushing of particular agendas; beats, culture and the genre. Everything about rap fascinates me.
Intimidation
None, I am not intimidated by the number of men who rap across the continent. I believe my voice has something different and unique to offer. I already have a place in the competitive area- it’s an Ice palace and I’m the Ice Queen.
Modelling
I’m not a runway model but more of print and motion. I still model and I have gained a bigger bank balance from it.
Inspiration
I’ve always dreamt of being an artiste from childhood. Life inspires me and it can be anything- a road trip, a conversation, music, movies, art etc. I believe the world is my oyster and inspiration is all around me.
Relationship
I’m not single, but there is no perfect man.
Style
Style is what one possesses. It is confidence and class. I wear what I want. To me, comfort is key.
Beauty routine
I have time to cleanse, tone and moisturise my skin in the morning and night.

source ; punch

leave a comment